Welcome to Oceanic Gaming

Oceanic Gaming is an Online Gaming Community, based in the Oceanic region.

While we are mostly from Australia/New Zealand, we welcome like-minded, mature gamers from all around the world. 

Oceanic Gaming is home to Rusted World and Oceanic ARK!

We're so pumped that you're here, and we can't wait to see you around!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Frost

Proposed gather rate change - Poll

Alteration of Server Gather rate   17 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Should the gather rate be altered?

• Leave it as it currently is - 1.9 - wipes on major content patches
    • Increase to 2.0 - as it was prior to this patch - wipes on major content patches
    • Increase to 3.0 - with the possibility of scheduled wipes.
    • Increase to 5.0 - with wipes to maintain server integrity at interval.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 posts in this topic

Adjustments were made to the server in preparation for the latest patch.

However the request has been made to up the gather rate to up to as high as 5 x.

We have covered off on xp and gather rates in the past - here is the history of the server settings back in July:

https://oceanicgaming.com.au/forums/topic/1703-proposed-change-to-ogn-conan-exiles-server-settings-22-jul-17/

From those settings the server sat pretty in the top 20 for three months, with players constructing massive monstrosity bases, engaging in plenty of PVP and multiple exchanges of tears were shed.

SO in the spirit of having a server for the players, provided by donations from the players, here is a poll, please choose wisely.

As with all polls a majority 75% of average max server population for the past 7 days needs to vote in favor of the change - polls will be open for 7 days.

Sorry - I had to outline that with a higher gather rate I would be looking at conducting server wipes more regularly. to keep the server clean and stable.

Any chance of upping the XP rate? I found the gather rate when i first started playing on the server (i think it was 3x?) meant that collecting materials was pretty much a mindless exercise-  you'd collect so much that it felt like it took away from the building aspect of the game and as you say, people were making MASSIVE buildings because they could easily. 

I'd prefer to see gathering around the 2x mark so it's not painful like 1x, but up the xp rate to 3x or something. The levelling process is enjoyable to a degree, but with wipes and the like, people like me and im guessing others just cant spend the time grinding back up there again. I'd personally rather see the server wiped semi frequently (like every few months) but with an XP rate that helps you get back up there in levels and to the 'good stuff' again rather than the painfully slow process of getting back up there when you dont have bags of time.

Poll is now closed!

Thank you to everyone who voted :my_biggrin:

In the past seven days the max player average was 32 players - 75% of that is 24 players and with only 17 people actually voting cracked 53% of the average player population.

So as per the terms of the poll above perhaps 75% of the average population in favor is too high.

In consultation with Maverick and the majority of voting personnel making up 81% in favor of the change I will go with majority rules.