Welcome to Oceanic Gaming

Oceanic Gaming is an Online Gaming Community, based in the Oceanic region.

While we are mostly from Australia/New Zealand, we welcome like-minded, mature gamers from all around the world. 

Oceanic Gaming is home to Rusted World and Oceanic ARK!

We're so pumped that you're here, and we can't wait to see you around!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bigboydan

New Rule

VOTE for raid rule   14 members have voted

This poll is closed for new votes
  1. 1. once raided paste a screen shot of raided base on discord room then cant be raided for 4 days to allow rebuild time

• Can't be raided again for 4 days allow time to rebuild = maintain player numbers
    • stay the way it is = reduce player numbers

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 posts in this topic

can we have a vote on if you have been raided you take a screen shot of base and one holding a repair hammer showing health then post them on discord room then that clan can not be raided again for 4 days it allows clans to rebuilt and then incites new players to come and stay then maybe we can be the number 1 server in the world  

Edited by Frost
added close time for the poll - Frost
1 person likes this

Please note - OGN is looking to REDUCE the number of server rules,

However without our players we would not have a server so I am all for community input, I have set this poll and thread to be open for 7 days - poll and thread to close on Tuesday 13 Nov final results are not definitive unless a sufficient number of the community vote one way or the other and if we as admins can identify an effective way to implement it and police it.

By sufficient number what I mean is 75% of the average peak players over the past six days from the start of this poll.

so as of this post average max players is 24 (rounded up) - 75% of that is 18.

With 92 different players connecting to the server on the 07 November (at the time of this post) this should not be a problem... also a good time to mention the 1,952 unique characters that have been created on the server since 16 Aug)

1 person likes this

wait wait wait, the guys who keep breaking the rules are tying to make new rules?

I think what is being suggested zzzing is that being chain raided is no fun, and only serves to create an environment which causes players to give up.

At this point in time I am sure most clans and players have experienced both sides of that argument.

I would also like to point out that I know many of you are using glitches such as the grease orb stacking and refresh glitch, which Funcom have indicated is not working as intended, so let us move on - the member who broke the original (I say player because he was alone - the clan was not involved) has served his punishment.

The fact that Funcom has allowed player attacks to go through walls since the game was released or that attacks hit multiple targets is either something they want (I hope not) or they have not gotten around to fixing it.

I also noted that you didn't vote - I encourage you all to vote and have your say.

4 days is plenty for an active player, but for a casual player that can only play for a set amount of time each week it's just not going to work.

a rule like this would do more to repel the casual player population, things like the real world need more attention some days.

well say we blow just one door in then they can paste a screen shot then cant be raided again for 4 days.this rule will have too many grey areas i think and it will be hard to keep track of and also more work for frost to keep an eye out who has been raided unless there is orp

1 person likes this

This post is very vague, please clarify?

On 11/7/2017 at 2:10 PM, bigboydan said:

"Can't be raided again for 4 days allow time to rebuild = maintain player numbers

Stay the way it is = reduce player numbers" 

How do these options have any bearing on player numbers at all?

its a pvp server with building destruction, EXPECT to be raided. 

We need clear guidelines to make a proper judgement while voting. 

1. Can i damage my own base, post a screenshot and now i cant get raided?. 

2. Does it affect all my bases or just the one damaged?

3. Can a different clan raid after another?

4. What if i run out of explosives, go farm, now i cant come back?

5. How will anyone possibly know a specific base or location is "protected", expect the server to go on discord and browse pages of screenshots and all the shit talking on there?. Majority of the pop dont use it at all, and the ones in it ignore alot due to the garbage.

6. Posting a screenshot of your base also tells everyone where you are........ im down for that, saves scouting as much.

7. How about i just post the same screenshot every 4 days? You cant prove or police it.

8. What are the repercussions for breaking this rule?

I understand what Bigboydan is trying to do with this sugestion but I have to agree with ZZZZing that there will be to many grey areas to police this rule and I am also of the opinion that we should be having less rules not more, lets play the game as Funcom intended, it is the best way to give feed back to funcom on what works and does not work.

1 person likes this

Poll closed, result - the motion did not carry, bot by vote and by lack of numbers.

Thank you to everyone that voted - for both sides of the argument. 

Please encourage others either in your clan or on the server to connect to discord and join our forums so that they can have their say and become a part of the server community.